Inter Milan striker Gabriel Barbosa offered to West Hamby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveInter Milan striker Gabriel Barbosa has been offered to West Ham.The Sun says Inter have made the 22-year-old available on loan to the Premier League after sending him to Santos in his homeland.Manuel Pellegrini is weighing up his options in the January window and whether he could boost his attack with the Samba star.The Hammers boss will assess all his transfer targets before a decision is made on “Gabigol”, who says he wants to speak to Inter this week about his future.Gabriel put himself on the global map when he started at Santos but did not settle in Europe before heading back to South America.But being made available has put clubs on red alert for a player who forced his way into the Brazil team two years ago. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Month: October 2019
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Chelsea whizkid Hudson-Odoi: I thought my career was overby Freddie Taylor18 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea whizkid Callum Hudson-Odoi feared he’d never play football again after a serious injury to his achilles.The 18-year-old winger has been flying recently after his return from the injury sustained in April.He said: “I wondered if I would be able to play again; that was my first thought. I knew I’d done something really serious so I was really concerned.”But my family kept me confident that I’d be back to how I was.”There were days when I would go into training and I would be sad or disappointed because I could see the boys outside training and you just want to be out there with them.”So I had the dark days but at the same time I had positive days as well.”He added: “When it came, it was more anger for me because everything was going as I wanted it to go.”I was playing games, I’d got called to the national team – everything was going perfectly.”There were big games coming up. But I knew when I came back I’d be stronger than I was before.”
Notre Dame held off Duke tonight in the ACC semifinals, but Irish fans aren’t all smiles Friday night. Many believe that Notre Dame was on the wrong end of a number of controversial calls by the referees in the game’s final minutes. Former school football star Louis Nix is among them, and after seeing a call go against Duke center Jahlil Okafor, he posted a meme that basically serves as a Bronx cheer.Is that a call on Okafor… pic.twitter.com/o4TG3UbSug— lOUIS NIX III (@1irishchocolate) March 14, 2015Notre Dame gets the other historic North Carolina powerhouse tomorrow – the UNC Tar Heels.
LSU Football/TwitterLSU football’s $2.5 million weight room renovation is complete.The Tigers’ weight room is finished just in time for fall camp to begin.LSU unveiled its new weight room to its players tonight.Tigers checking out the new weight room for the first time. pic.twitter.com/k51gISIECP— LSU Football (@LSUfootball) August 4, 2016LSU posted a video of the unveiling on Facebook. Here are some photos of the weight room. LSU Football/Twitter LSU Football/Twitter LSU Football/Twitter LSU Football/TwitterLSU opens its regular season on Sept. 3 against Wisconsin at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisc.
Manchester City take on Championship side Rotherham at the Etihad Stadium in the FA Cup third round on Sunday.This will be City’s first outing since their crucial 2-1 victory over Liverpool in the Premier League on Thursday which took them to within four points of the league-leaders.Their Cup opponents Rotherham are struggling in the second tier, sitting in 21st place just three points above the relegation zone. But, after being knocked out by lower league Wigan Athletic in last year’s competition, Pep Guardiola will be wary of another upset. He will likely rotate his squad, however, after a busy festive period. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Game Manchester City vs Rotherham United Date Sunday, January 6 Time 2pm GMT / 9am ET TV Channel, Live Stream & How To Watch In the United States (US), the game can be watched live on ESPN+ on TV. US TV channel Online stream ESPN+ N/A In the United Kingdom (UK), the game will not be broadcast on television or streamed online. UK TV channel Online stream N/A N/A Squads & Team News Position Manchester City squad Goalkeepers Ederson, Muric Defenders Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Delph, Kompany, Stones, Danilo Midfielders Gundogan, Fernandinho, David Silva, Zinchenko, Mahrez, Foden Forwards Aguero, Sterling, Sane, Jesus Fabian Delph is serving the last game of a three-match ban while Benjamin Mendy and Claudio Bravo are out with long-term injuries.Man City XI: Ederson; Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne (C), Sterling; Jesus Position Rotherham United squad Goalkeepers Rodak, Price, Bilboe Defenders Ajayi, Wood, Robertson, Raggett, Ihiekwe, Hinds, Mattock, Jones, Vyner Midfielders Vaulks, Palmer, Potter, Towell, Wiles, Taylor, Williams, Newell, Forde, Bray Forwards Vassell, Smith, Proctor, Kayode On loan Brighton midfielder Richie Towell is suspended after getting a straight red against Bristol City two games ago.Billy Jones returns from suspension but picked up a knock in training on Friday.Rotherham XI: Rodak; Vyner, Ajayi, Robertson, Mattock; Forde, Vaulks, Wiles, Taylor; Williams, SmithBetting & Match Odds City are understandably 1/20 favourites to win at home with bet365 . Rotherham are big outsiders at 66/1 while a draw can be backed at 16/1.Click here to see all of bet 365’s offers for the game, including goalscoring markets, correct score predictions and more. Match Preview The FA Cup was the only domestic honour Guardiola’s side failed to win last season after they lost in the fifth round to Wigan. But City picked up valuable momentum last week after their win against Liverpool, so the atmosphere around the Etihad will be more positive now they have closed the gap on the Premier League leaders and put their December wobble of three defeats in three to bed.That home victory, coupled with the 3-1 win at Southampton, means City now have two consecutive wins and will look to extend their run by following Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United into the next round.A few fringe players will likely come in against Rotherham though, with Phil Foden expected to feature having so far failed to start a Premier League game. United manager Paul Warne will not take any City XI lightly though and said before the game: “Everyone is looking forward to it, except possibly me as the manager! No, we’re looking forward to it. Whichever team they put out will be really strong.”I know that Man City want to do well in all of the cups and tournaments. Premier League players recover quickly so I won’t be surprised to see a few big names in the team on Sunday.”Whenever there is a football match, you’ve got a chance. We were possibly the poorest we’ve been on Saturday in the first half and we won the game. You don’t have to be the better team to win. We’ll turn up with a smile on our face and have a right go.”
Mauricio Pochettino said Tottenham’s struggles this season have exceeded his expectations after seeing his side eliminated from two cup competitions inside four days.Spurs followed up their penalty shoot-out defeat to Chelsea in the EFL Cup semi-finals with a 2-0 loss in the FA Cup fourth round at Crystal Palace on Sunday.Goals from Connor Wickham and former Spurs winger Andros Townsend settled the game at Selhurst Park, after which Pochettino offered no excuses for his side’s below-par performance. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “It was a fair result,” Pochettino told reporters.”They scored and we didn’t. I can’t say anything about that.”We can talk about possession and shots but if you don’t score you don’t deserve to win games.”FULL-TIME: We’re unable to find a way back into the game and our @EmiratesFACup run comes to an end at Selhurst Park. pic.twitter.com/Ha8MxAUvFu — Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 27, 2019 Pochettino made eight changes to his side, with only Paulo Gazzaniga, Jan Vertonghen and Fernando Llorente retained from the side that lost to Chelsea.With Harry Kane and Dele Alli injured, and Son Heung-min travelling back from the Asian Cup, Tottenham lacked a cutting edge in attack as they squandered numerous chances to get back into the game, including a penalty that Kieran Trippier missed.Defeat means Spurs’ chances of silverware rest in the Premier League, where they trail leaders Liverpool by nine points, and the Champions League, where a tough last-16 assignment with Borussia Dortmund awaits, but Pochettino said he had to make the changes he did.Pochettino said: “We came from a crazy fixture schedule and we were forced to make some changes. This season is tough and it’s going to be a massive challenge for us.”We knew it would be a tough season for us but not as tough as it has been.”We’re out of two competitions since Wednesday and we’re disappointed.”Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson paid tribute to Wickham, who scored his first goal in over two years having endured a long rehabilitation from a serious knee injury.”It’s a credit to him,” said Hodgson of the 25-year-old, who scored after nine minutes.”For Connor to crown it with a goal is good news. He’s worked hard to get where he is. I decided to rest Jordan [Ayew] so he could play.”Palace went into the game on the back of league defeats to Watford and Liverpool, and have games with Southampton, Fulham and West Ham on the horizon.Hodgson added: “I don’t think we needed anything to change our approach or confidence.”We have three big games coming up.”
Liverpool landing Kalidou Koulibaly “would be a disaster” for their Premier League rivals, claims former Napoli sporting director Carlo Jacomuzzi.The Senegal international defender has been one of the most sought-after talents in European football for some time.Each passing transfer window brings with it a fresh round of rumours regarding his future. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Big-money moves to the Premier League are often mooted, with Manchester rivals United and City said to be keen on landing the proven performer.Any deal would not come cheap, with Napoli making it clear that they have no intention of parting with their prized asset.Liverpool, though, are among those who boast the funds to make a move should they wish to do so, and Jacomuzzi claims a centre-half partnership with Virgil van Dijk would be the envy of opponents around the world.Currently working as a scout for the Reds’ Merseyside neighbours Everton, Jacomuzzi told Radio Marte of Koulibaly’s future: “Manchester United is a pitfall these days.“City? If [Pep] Guardiola makes a decision, they buy.“Napoli want €130m? In England, there are four teams who can pay that amount.“Liverpool? They’ve won so much from the Champions League, from the money from the federation and their sponsors that they can buy two Koulibalys.“It would be a disaster for the others, having to find a way to go through that defence.”Liverpool are in the market for reinforcements this summer.They are, however, reluctant to repeat the elaborate spends that have seen them invest heavily in recent windows.Jurgen Klopp claims to have no intention of sanctioning deals of the kind that would be required to lure Koulibaly from Italy to England.The German is, though, aware of the need for his Champions League winners to match the ambition being shown by domestic and continental opponents.The Reds boss has said: “Liverpool is an ambitious club and if we don’t spend as much money as the others we won’t be able to compete.“Everybody is splashing the cash so we have to do the same.”It remains to be seen whether Liverpool, having already spent £75 million ($96m) on Van Dijk, will look to spend big again in that area of the field. Subscribe to Goal’s Liverpool Correspondent Neil Jones’ weekly email bringing you the best Liverpool FC writing from around the web
Daniele De Rossi believes he has chosen to continue his career with “the craziest fans in football” after joining Boca Juniors following his Roma departure.The 36-year-old midfielder had spent his entire professional career at Roma, having come through their academy, but they opted to let him leave on a free transfer and that sparked protests from supporters.Initially the former Italy international looked destined to retire, but Boca emerged as a potential destination, and it soon became apparent De Rossi had long desired to represent Los Xeneizes. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? De Rossi was given a hero’s welcome upon his arrival in Buenos Aires, and Boca confirmed his signing on Thursday after he agreed a 12-month contract.He was officially presented to the media on Monday and highlighted the influence of Boca sporting director Nicolas Burdisso – a former Roma team-mate of De Rossi’s – and the passion of the fans in his decision to sign. Con este emotivo video, el club sorprendió a Daniele De Rossi en medio de la conferencia de prensa. ¡No te lo pierdas! pic.twitter.com/vwfnjQf3Sy — Boca Jrs. Oficial (@BocaJrsOficial) July 29, 2019 “These days I think I want to be inside this stadium, to know deeply what it means,” he told reporters.”The reception at the airport was incredible. I can’t thank you enough other than by doing my job as seriously as I can. I have to be serious to show that we all made a good choice.”From time to time we talked, Nicolas and I. First, I said yes after I left Roma, but then I asked him if I could think about it a little more.”Being 36 years old and changing everything at once was something that could scare me, but this place stimulates me, and Nicolas was my guarantee.”He told me that they are professionals in Boca, and I believe him. He is my friend; he would not have brought me to a place where I wouldn’t fit in.”Estoy muy feliz de estar acá” | Daniele De Rossi fue presentado este lunes en conferencia de prensa y brindó sus primeras palabras como jugador Xeneize. https://t.co/yUNjUqBHjK pic.twitter.com/pUVAYLuk2b — Boca Jrs. Oficial (@BocaJrsOficial) July 29, 2019 “I need serious people, with a structure similar to that in Europe, and what I have seen here is that, a suitable place to work.”I asked myself many times. I lived for 20 years in a country where football is lived 24 hours a day.”I could have chosen a much quieter place to relax, but I only know one way: seriousness, and then I chose to come to a place with the craziest fans in football.”
Mauro Icardi will not be joining Monaco, the Inter striker’s wife and agent Wanda Nara has insisted.Argentina international Icardi has been linked with a switch to the Ligue 1 outfit after being told he can leave San Siro this summer.Leonardo Jardim’s side are reportedly seeking a successor to Radamel Falcao, who has been linked with Turkish club Galatasaray. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Free agent Daniel Sturridge, who left Liverpool at the end of his contract in June, is also reportedly a target for the French club.Icardi, however, will not be moving to the French Riveria before the transfer window closes on September 2.”He will not go to Monaco,” Nara said simply to TyC Sports.Even with a move to Monaco being ruled out, Icardi is still likely to be on the move before the transfer deadline.His relationship with the club broke down last February when he was dropped by then coach Luciano Spalletti and stripped of his captaincy amid reports of contractual disputes between himself, the club and Wanda Nara.He returned to action before the end of the season, but Inter have made it clear that he no longer features in their plans under new boss Antonio Conte.The 26-year-old didn’t travel with the rest of the Inter squad for their pre-season tour of Asia last month, instead returning to the club’s training base on his own.Icardi even had his number 9 shirt taken off him, with new €80 million (£74m/$90m) signing Romelu Lukaku designated that squad number ahead of the new campaign.Serie A champions Juventus have been the side most frequently linked with a move for Icardi as they seek further firepower to compliment five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.However, that move currently looks unlikely with Juve boss Maurizio Sarri claiming he already has too many players in his squad, with as many as six needing to be sold before the transfer deadline.Those thoughts were echoed by Juve defender Giorgio Chiellini, who claimed a move for Icardi would be “fantasy football” given the number of attacking options already at the club’s disposal this season.
NEW ORLEANS, LA – JANUARY 01: Head coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes shouts on the sidelines against the Alabama Crimson Tide during the All State Sugar Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 1, 2015 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)Urban Meyer hasn’t had a lot to be happy about tonight, as his Ohio State team is struggling to put anything together against Penn State at Beaver Stadium in State College, Pa.It’s Penn State 6, Ohio State 0 a couple of minutes into the second quarter. Analysts projected this one to be a high-scoring affair, but this has looked anything but that.Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins hasn’t gotten any help from his wide receivers tonight. The Buckeyes have had a couple of bad drops and the most-recent one was costly, as it led to a Penn State interception.The Nittany Lions had a lengthy return on the play and it ended up setting up a field goal.Meyer was not happy.Check out his sideline reaction to the interception:Ohio State’s sideline has been full of frustration so far tonight. Maybe it’ll change going forward.The Buckeyes and the Nittany Lions are playing on ABC.