Tag: 徐汇区油压哪家开门

Leading TV journalist banned from president’s office

first_img Guyana – RSF urges President Granger not to adopt new broadcasting legislation July 16, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Leading TV journalist banned from president’s office GuyanaAmericas Receive email alerts June 7, 2018 Find out more Guyana – RSF urges Guyanese Parliament to amend drafted Cybercrime Bill Reporters Without Borders condemns the government’s discriminatory decision on 13 July to declare TV reporter and producer Gordon Moseley persona non grata in the office of the president, and supports the efforts of the Guyana Press Association (GPA) to resolve the conflict as soon as possible. Moseley works for Capitol News, a privately-owned TV station based in Georgetown.“Barring a journalist because a report displeased the president is an attack on pluralism and the press’s critical role,” Reporters Without Borders said. “The government already resorted to such methods when it banned the Stabroek News daily from receiving state advertising from November 2006 to April 2008. The punishment imposed on Moseley directly affects his ability to work and we therefore call for it to be lifted.”Moseley found himself denied access to the office of the president on 13 July after covering a diploma award ceremony. The security services told him that the Government Information Agency (GINA) had withdrawn his accreditation for the president’s office and official residence.The GINA accused Moseley of making “disparaging and disrespectful remarks” about the government in a letter to the Stabroek News on 8 July and asked him to apologise. In the letter, Moseley had responded to President Bharrat Jagdeo’s criticism of his coverage of a recent visit by the president to the nearby Caribbean island of Antigua.In a subsequent letter to the GPA, Moseley refused to apologise and said he was fed up with the constant attacks by the president and government on the privately-owned media, especially Capitol News. He explained that President Jagdeo had been especially irritated by his coverage of questions about the sensitive issue of crime in Guyana that were put to the president during a meeting with Guyanese residents in Antigua.The GPA has condemned the ban on Moseley and proposed mediation between him and the government. RSF_en President Jagdeo postpones opposition TV station’s suspension Organisation Help by sharing this information center_img News GuyanaAmericas News News to go further Follow the news on Guyana August 8, 2017 Find out more News October 17, 2011 Find out morelast_img read more

Atletico Madrid re-sign Carrasco on loan

first_imgRelatedPosts Suarez agrees Atletico terms Simeone tests positive for coronavirus Griezmann handed Barca’s no. 7 shirt Atletico Madrid have re-signed Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco on an initial loan deal from China’s Dalian Yifang. The 26-year-old left the Spanish capital for the Chinese Super League in February 2018 in a double deal with teammate Nicolas Gaitan but has been actively seeking a return to European football over the last few months. Crystal Palace were said to have been in talks with Carrasco in recent weeks, while Manchester United were also credited with an interest, but now Atletico have confirmed the player’s return. Carrasco will join up with Diego Simeone’s side on a loan running until the end of the season, at which point Atletico will have the option to sign him permanently. During his first spell with Atletico between 2015 and 2018, Carrasco scored 23 goals and registered 17 assists in 124 games, while he has scored 24 goals and assisted 17 more during 52 appearances in China.Tags: Atletico MadridChinaDalian YifangYannick Carrascolast_img read more

FIFA could move age limit for men’s football tournament to 24

first_imgFIFA could move the age limit for the men’s football tournament at next summer’s rearranged Olympic Games in Tokyo to 24 from 23.The sport’s governing body has recommended moving the limit to accommodate players eligible for this year’s Games, which were postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.Players born on or after January 1 1997 will be allowed to play. It is yet to be approved by the FIFA Bureau.The Bureau is a reduced version of FIFA’s decision-making Council.The tournament is due to start before the opening ceremony on July 23, 2021.Three allocated over-aged players will still be allowed to be selected for each nation.The women’s competition at next year’s Games has no age limit. Meanwhile, FIFA has also recommended calling off all men’s and women’s international games scheduled for June 2020 because of the ongoing crisis. (BBC Sport)last_img read more